I still have a portion of the chicken that I bought last week (the last pack!). So I thought of cooking the chicken and mushroom stew. Its a very typical chinese dish but a very heartwarming dish I would say. Its so nice to pour the sauce of this dish and eat it with rice! Yummy! And come to think of it, the ingredients is quite similar to the claypot chicken rice, except for the chinese sausages!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
250g Chicken parts
6 button mushrooms (large), cut into half
4 shitake mushrooms, cut into half
6 shallots whole
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons shaoxing wine
4 sprinkles of rice wine
2 teaspoons of corn flour mixed with water
1. Add hot water to chicken parts. This is to make sure that the dirt from the chicken parts are washed away. After 1 minute soaked in hot water, wash it with cold water.
2. In a pot, heat up 1 tablespoon of oil. Add in shitake mushrooms, shallots and fry for about one minute till fragrant.
3. Add in chicken parts. Fry till chicken is brown.
4. Add in button mushrooms.
5. Add in the oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce, shaoxing wine and rice wine. This depends on individual taste. If you think that you want it to be more salty or sweet, by all means add more sugar or soy sauce.
6. Add in the one cup of water.
7. Boil for 20 minutes, or until reduced. Then add in corn flour mixture to thicken the sauce.