I’m a firm believer in the motto ‘less is more’. I like everything simple, so here’s a simple recipe for Spaghetti Aglio Olio that can be whipped up in under 10 minutes.
Ingredients (Serves 2):-
- 125g Spaghetti (or a grip full)
- 4 cloves garlic (grated)
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Parmesan to serve
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water for 7 minutes or till al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and reserve about 2-3 tablespoons of salted spaghetti water. Leave spaghetti aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and add garlic and chilli flakes. Lightly stir the garlic until fragrant but not brown.
- Add spaghetti and the reserved salted water to the pan. Mix and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with parmesan.